What you eat before your physical therapy appointment is very important. Eating the right foods and amount of food can give you the energy you need for your workout and help you feel great after. Here are some quick, healthy snacks on the lighter side to try before you exercise!
1. Yogurt with granola and sliced fruit. Yogurt is packed with calcium and protein. This is a healthy, filling snack that is good to eat pre or post-workout!
2. Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana.
3. Fruit smoothie with orange juice. For an extra kick add in some spinach, it is a great source of Vitamin K and the fruit covers up the taste if you are not a fan of leafy greens.
4. Scrambled egg with avocado. Avocados are considered a great, healthy fat and eggs are a good source of protein.
5. Apple slices with peanut butter and honey. Peanut butter is an excellent, filling snack that can help improve blood sugar levels. Drizzle a bit of honey in for some added sweetness!