Written by Levneet Sran
This very special Feature Friday goes out to one of our team members who has countlessly exceeded our expectations with his attitude and willingness to help. ThIs team member can switch anyone’s day around by simply walking into the room and saying hello with his bright and upbeat energy. He has an innate ability to remain cool, calm and collected even when there may be a lot on his plate. His compassion and love for the physical therapy field shines through every time he meets with a patient. He’s able to be truly present with our patients during each step of treatment, making sure to take in any details that might help with their journey to mobility. There have been multiple times you can overhear him offering his support during a task a team member has or thanking them for their help that day. We truly appreciate that he goes above and beyond for the wellness of the team, and for the happiness of our patients.
For those who haven’t had the chance to meet him yet, we’d like to introduce our April PHIL of the month, Cory Haraga! Cory has been with our team as a Physical Therapy Aide since February of this year! There was no “new kid on the block” transition needed, his extroverted personality led him to successfully hit the ground running with our Rancho Cordova team. What he enjoys most at Performance Physical Therapy are the moments in time when patients tell him how much better they are feeling or how much progression they have been making. He says, “You can sense their excitement and happiness in their faces, and it makes my chest literally warm up and my eyes begin to water a bit. Every. Time.”
When asked if he always knew he wanted to be a physical therapist, he replied with how it all started to become clear when his brother began his journey of what would eventually be four separate ACL tears and recoveries. He had always known that he wanted to help alleviate people of pain so when he went through the rehab process with his brother, he began to realize he wanted to be on the side that helps people get back to living their lives and achieving their goals.
After winning April’s PHIL of the month, he remarked that he was surprised and then humbled. His initial thought was that, “… any of the other Rancho PT team deserves it more because everyone there is an amazing person that more than deserves it.”
Our burning question we asked him what was in his secret recipe to remaining so positive and helpful everyday, he replied, “Black coffee and a bagel and egg sandwich in the morning! But the real answer is the patients. Seeing people begin to show signs of improvement just emits a positive aura throughout the entire clinic. Seeing people put in hard work and determination to achieve their goals just makes you want to do anything you can to assist them in doing so.”
When Cory isn’t at work being a superstar, he enjoys camping, obstacle courses, photography, cooking, and -something we can all relate to- navigating through perilous Costco cart traffic.
After learning a bit more about Cory we followed up with our classic Feature Friday questions:
- Role at PPT:
- I’m a physical therapy aide and linen whitening technician. When I’m not destroying coffee stains, you can find me interacting with patients, and helping them achieve their PT goals.
- What book did you read last?
- Prey by Michael Creighton. Interestingly terrifying book about the potential robot uprising with our advances in technology.
- What is your goal for the 2018 year?
- To learn telekinesis. But my alternative goal is to visit a part of the world that I have yet to explore.
- What’s your baseball walk up song?
- “Don’t You Know” by Pepper. Really anything from Pepper could be inserted there. Give them a listen!
- What do you enjoy the most at Performance Physical Therapy?
- This is the easiest question I’ve ever been asked. It’s hands down the moments in time when patients say how much better they are feeling or how much progression they have been making. You can sense their excitement and happiness in their faces, and it makes my chest literally warm up and my eyes begin to water a bit. Every. Time.
We’d like to thank Cory for the effort he puts forth every day to help our patients and support our team! Your hard work is much appreciated by all!
Performance Physical Therapy is the Sacramento region’s favorite Physical Therapy team. With appointments available within 24 hours, you can book your Physical Therapy, Aquatic Therapy, Hand Therapy and Vestibular Rehabilitation appointment and begin treatment quickly. We proudly serve in four locations: Folsom, Roseville, Rancho Cordova and J street In East Sacramento as well as their surrounding cities such as Midtown, Auburn, Rocklin, Elk Grove, Antelope, and Citrus Heights. Let us help you live your most mobile life and get you back to doing the activities you love.