Do you spend much time sitting down? If you work in an office, then it’s likely you spend a fair amount of time in front of a screen. However, remember to get up and be active in your day. Your body is not meant to sit still for hours on end. As a result, back pain can occur when a person sits for an extended amount of time. Support your back health with 5 simple changes to your routine:
- Break the Routine: Get up every hour and walk around for 60 seconds.
- Posture: Focus on aligning your head and neck right above your shoulders.
- Stretch: Stretch your shoulders with a few shoulder rolls.
- Break a sitting Habit: Try not to cross your legs. You want to make sure your knees are positioned at a 90-degree angle.
- Talk to your PT: Share the back pain you’re having with your physical therapist to learn more about how to improve your condition.
By incorporating these simple tricks into your routine, your back pain will hopefully be managed on its own. However, if your back pain persists, you may want to visit your physical therapist.
Want to begin physical therapy in Sacramento? Call us today to learn more about physical therapy!
Performance Physical Therapy is the Sacramento region’s favorite Physical Therapy team. With physical therapy appointments available within 24 hours, you can book your Physical Therapy, Aquatic Therapy, Hand Therapy, and Vestibular Rehabilitation appointment and begin treatment quickly. Additionally, we proudly serve in four locations: Folsom, Roseville, Rancho Cordova and J street In East Sacramento. Let us help you live your most mobile life and get you back to doing the activities you love!