By Levneet Sran
Gel ice packs are perfect for new injuries, inflammation and swelling. Making your own gel ice pack at home is not only easy but it’s inexpensive!
What you’ll need:
- 2 Ziploc Bags
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Rubbing Alcohol
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Pour 2 cups water and 1 cup rubbing alcohol into a Ziploc bag.
- Add 7-10 drops of food coloring (optional)
- Shake contents in Ziploc bag.
- Remove all air out of the Ziploc bag.
- Seal the Ziploc bag shut.
- Place the Ziploc bag inside a second Ziploc bag.
- Place ziploc bag in freezer and let freeze for at least 6 hours.
- When it’s ready, place the gel pack in a towel to avoid burning the skin
- Make sure you set a time between 10 and 20 minutes at a time.
- After an acute injury, ice periodically within the first 48 hours
- Ice to reduce inflammation after exercise and manual therapy.