Common Misconceptions of Physical Therapy
Unlike other treatment options, physical therapy rarely has any negative side effects and we wanted to address two common misconceptions that people have about Physical Therapy.
You can choose! Many people think they have to go wherever their doctor refers them. In fact, California is now a direct access state meaning that you do not need a referral from a doctor to come to physical therapy (although some insurances do require a physician referral).
We treat many conditions…not just what your friend saw us for! People often believe that we only treat back pain because that is what we healed for your neighbor.
When should you call us?
- Headache, neck, and back pain
- Joint pain (shoulder, knee, hip, foot, ankle, etc.)
- Any injury due to a fall or trauma
- Poor posture
- Jaw pain/TMJ
- Pre and post pregnancy issues
- Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
- Premature aging and decreased muscle tone
- Decreased ability to walk or general decreased mobility
- Poor balance
- Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Pain/decreased mobility/decreased strength due to obesity
- Poor endurance due to cancer and related treatments
Call our office today if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms to get scheduled for your initial evaluation. We will get you the results you need. It’s what we do!